Thursday, April 2, 2009

Black Sea Bass & Tile Fish Combo - Fishing Report – March 31, 2009

After strong wind, the current was very rough. It was not easy to hold bottom. At first spot, about 320 feet down, it was so strong current. I was using 7oz. Lucanus Jig. I casted up stream and I could only hold bottom very short time.  There were fishes but it was hard to catch due to the condition. After then, we moved to other spot where had better current. I tried 5 1/4oz. Lucanus but fish action wasn’t good. After hook and drop, for so many times, I caught 19 sea bass to 3 1/2lb and I won the pool, and for tile fish I caught 2 of 11-12 lb size. For whole day, I used Lucanus Jig. It’s really good jig, because sometimes a lot of dog fish in the water, but Lucanus lures only tile fish and sea bass. Soon, I will be trying it for cod fish.

 

Good Fishing Everybody,

Mike.


No comments: